Scott Wyden Kivowitz is the Chief Community Officer at Imagely, a blogger, photographer, father, and educator. Scott is also the author of many eBooks on the topics of long exposures, street photography and panoramic photography. Scott is commonly offering cake smash sessions, family portraits and headshots for his clients, but enjoys traveling and capturing the beauty of the world with his camera.
Scott can be found teaching photographers about WordPress on the Imagely website, on Facebook, on his website and other venues like Digital Photography School. He also has the pleasure of working with photographers on their creativity as an Artisan in Residence at The Photo Frontier.
Scott believes in sharing his knowledge any way possible and educating without fluff, in a straight to the point easy to understand style.
We tested Scott’s extensive knowledge of WordPress and of web content management with questions such as:
- What exactly is WordPress?
- Is it really free?
- What is the difference between wordpress.org and wordpress.com?
- What benefits does it give to photographers?
- Do you really need to be a developer to build your site on WordPress?
- What features should a photographer look for, when selecting a WordPress theme?
- What’s the most frequent question you get asked as a WordPress expert?
- What would be the easiest way to keep my website updated and to share pictures while I’m on the go?
Needless to say, his answers didn’t disappoint. So, if you are a photographer who is willing to take his website to the next level, we suggest you give this episode a listen.
Duration 42m 05s.
Music for this episode: “Zanzibar” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/